If you have a Carroll email and login credentials, please login before completing this form, otherwise click Next Page below to completed the form.

All full-time Carroll College students who are under the age of 21 are required to reside on-campus for two years. Students required to live on campus, regardless of Carroll College’s receipt of their Housing Agreement, will be assigned to a residence hall room and All-Access meal plan for the year and billed accordingly. Students seeking an exception to this requirement must complete this electronic application and submit any required documentation. Application deadlines are firm and the Committee decisions are final. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Students enrolling at Carroll College after the exception application deadline may submit their exception application to the Director of Residential Life & Housing directly. No applications will be processed after the first day of class.

Application Deadlines

Fall Semester Spring Semester
July 1 December 1

The Campus Housing Exception Committee will consider requests from students to release them from the on-campus living requirement for the following four reasons only:

  • Students that are over the age of 21 or,
  • Married students and/or students with dependent children living with them or,
  • Students for whom living on campus represents an extreme financial hardship, evidenced from the student’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) report or,
  • ***Helena Area residents who meet all of the following requirements:
    • Students from Helena, MT and,
    • Will continue to reside with their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) within a 20-mile driving radius determined by zip code and,
    • Graduated from Helena High, Capital High School, East Helena High School, PAL, Access to Success or St. Andrews High School.

      ***If approved as a Helena Area resident, you will be automatically assigned the Commuter Meal Plan. The cost of this meal plan will be added to your student account. No exceptions to the commuter plan will be considered.

Notice of approval or denial will be communicated to the student on a rolling basis via email to the student’s formal Carroll College email account.

Medical accommodations for housing and meal plans are processed by the Carroll College Accessibility Coordinator. Special dietary needs should be directed to the food service manager prior to communicating with the Accessibility Services Coordinator. Sodexo regularly accommodates food allergies and sensitivities and is well equipped to make arrangement with students. Students seeking a medical accommodation for extreme dietary restrictions and severe allergies that cannot be accommodated by Sodexo must contact the Accessibility Services Coordinator. Medical documentation and the appropriate application and approval for such an accommodation must be complete. Charges applied to a student’s account will remain until the medical accommodation has been approved.

Access the Carroll College Accessibility Services Now